Your new property will be your home for at least the next year so it is important that you find the right property in the right location for you.

Whether you are a student looking for a flat close to your university for the upcoming academic year or a family seeking a comfortable home within a catchment area for your chosen school, our portfolio of properties will have something to suit.

By choosing us as your Letting Agent, you can be secure in the knowledge that, with over 30 years of experience in managing properties, and looking after our tenants we will:

Work with you to make sure that you find a suitable property that matches all your requirements
  • Our available properties are advertised on the leading property marketing websites such as RightMove and Zoopla as well as Gumtree and our own website.
  • we have a property matching system where we can hold your details and contact you if a suitable property becomes available.
Carry out viewings in person or via WhatsApp Monday to Saturday
  • Accompanied viewings can be arranged six days a week including evening viewings or on a Saturday to accommodate your work or study schedules.
  • If you are unable to attend a viewing in person, our viewing agent can conduct a virtual viewing with you via WhatsApp.
Ensure your property is fully compliant with all current legislation before you move in

Your property will have up-to-date:

  • Gas and Electrical safety certificates (including smoke detector checks)
  • Legionella Risk Assessment
  • Energy Performance Certificate
Carry out a full inventory of the property prior to entry
  • Using industry leading data capture software, we carry out a detailed inspection and produce a report of the property with photographs to list any issues which have to be dealt with before you move in and to check the general condition and decoration to ensure you have the best experience in your new home.
  • You will be provided with a copy of the report and if you discover any issues not listed, you can report them to us within 7 days of entry and they will be added to the inventory.
Carry out suitability checks and prepare your lease document
  • Your Private Residential Tenancy Agreement will be prepared and sent to you to sign electronically.
  • Identity checks and credit checks will be carried out to regulation standards ensuring that your data is protected at all times.
  • If you prefer, you can use a third-party company specialising in such checking eg Let Alliance who will charge a small fee for the service.
Lodge your deposit securely with SafeDeposits Scotland
  • Using Scotland’s leading tenancy deposit scheme, your deposit will be securely lodged in an escrow account until the end of your tenancy.
Respond quickly to any maintenance issues
  • You can now report any maintenance issues online from our website using the Fixflo system so you can make a report 24 hours a day.
  • Our team will gather any additional information that we might require from you and prioritise your issue to make sure you are back up and running as quickly as possible.
Carry out an inspection when you leave and then return your deposit in accordance with The Tenancy Deposit Scotland Regulations
  • At the end of your tenancy, we will carry out an inspection to make sure the property is clean and free from damage. Any issues will be assessed against the move-in inventory and your deposit will be returned in full, or less any deductions in accordance with the regulations.

Our friendly lettings team will be on hand to help to guide you through the process and to answer any queries during your tenancy.

Tenant Frequently Asked Questions

1How do I report a problem in the property?
As a tenant, you are responsible for letting us know as soon as possible when a maintenance issue occurs in the property. This can be done through our online repair system, Fixflo, via our website.
2What is the procedure for ending my tenancy?
If you are looking to leave the property, you must give the appropriate notice period in writing. This can be done via email. To end a joint tenancy, all the Joint Tenants must agree to end the tenancy. One Joint Tenant cannot terminate the joint tenancy on behalf of all Joint Tenants.
3My flatmate wants to leave but I want to stay. What should we do?
If your flat mate would like to vacate the property but you would like to stay, we can arrange for a new tenancy to begin after your current one has come to an end. Any new tenants will be required to go through normal referencing.
4Can I decorate or make changes to the property?
If you wish to re-decorate or make any changes to the property, you must obtain written consent from the landlord.
5What do I need to do before vacating the property?
When you are due to vacate your property, it is important to read through your tenant check-out information pack carefully. You should also check the condition of the property against your check-in inventory.
6What happens to my deposit?
Once you have moved into the property, your deposit is lodged and held with SafeDeposits Scotland for the duration of your tenancy.
7When will my deposit be returned?
Once you have vacated the property, your final inspection will be carried out by one of our agents, at which point your property and its contents are checked and compared against the check-in inventory report. If there are no deductions to be made, your deposit will be returned within 7 working days. If there are deductions to be made, this can take a little longer, as work may need to be carried out before we can return your deposit. To avoid deductions from your deposit, we advise you read through your tenant check-out information pack carefully.
8Are there fees for renting a property?
There are no administration or referencing fees when renting a property with us.
9How do I apply for a property?
Once you have viewed one of our properties and you would like to proceed to an application, this can be done by phoning our office on 0141 222 2211.
10What is the referencing process?
Once you have been accepted for a property, we will begin the referencing process. If the tenant is working full time, or guaranteeing the rent themselves, they will be subject to identity, credit rating and proof of income checks in order to check ability to pay the rental amount required. If you are providing a guarantor instead, they would be required to go through the same referencing checks.
11Why do I need to go through referencing?
Each tenant and guarantor, is required to go through referencing to ensure they can afford the monthly rent, and to make sure that they will take good care of the property and its contents.
12What is a guarantor?
The guarantor is someone, usually a parent or family member, who takes on the responsibilities set out in the tenancy agreement. We are only able to accept guarantors who live within the UK.
13Do I need to provide a guarantor?
A guarantor may be required if a potential tenant does not have sufficient proof of income or satisfactory credit history. Anyone who is unemployed or studying full time will always be asked to provide a guarantor.
14How is my personal information stored?
All information collected is held in strict confidence. Regent Property holds any personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) as in force from 25 May 2018. By entering into a tenancy agreement, the tenant hereby acknowledges that his or her personal information will be held for the purpose of administrating and managing the tenancy.
15Who pays for the utilities and council tax on the property?
Unless otherwise agreed, the tenant is responsible for the cost of all utilities and council tax from the start date until the end of tenancy date. Upon moving into the property, Regent Property will contact the appropriate council tax department to inform them of your move into the property. If you are a full-time student, you are exempt from paying council tax however you will still need to apply for the exemption directly from your university or college. It is your decision as to which supplier you choose.
16I am a student. Does that mean I am exempt from paying council tax?
Yes, if you are a full-time student you are exempt from paying council tax. Once you receive your first council tax bill to the property, you must take this to your place of education to apply for the exemption.